Education and Training Opportunities
Education and training is an essential component for hospice operations and needed to meet the requirements of the Medicare CoPs. Both partners of R&C Healthcare Solutions are experienced speakers at both the national and local level. The following is a partial list of topics that R&C Healthcare Solutions can address. If you have a need that is not on this list, let us know.
- Medicare Conditions of Participation
- Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Performance Improvement Projects
- Levels of care
- Referral to admission process
- Medical review process
- Hospice care in the nursing home
- Documentation principles
- Medicare Regulations
- Survey Readiness
- Live Discharges
- Effective Interdisciplinary Group Care Planning Meetings
- Coordination of Care
- Pain Assessment and Management
- Comprehensive Assessment
Expressway to Learning
Expressway to Learning is a special program for state associations, constructed as a series of one (1) hour live educational teleconferences or webinars for hospice associations provided by hospice experts. These teleconferences will provide new understanding and insights into hospice operations, regulatory requirements, clinical care, performance improvement and operational efficiencies for participants. The Expressway to Learning teleconferences are provided live, via a conference call or webinar to association participants. With the increased cost of travel and the pressures for efficient time management Expressway to Learning provides a cost effective alternative to meet the educational needs of an association’s members.
An Expressway to Learning live teleconference consists of a 45 minute presentation providing expertise and information on the selected topic followed by a 15 minute question and answer period. Participants will be provided presentation materials (PowerPoint and any additional supporting documents).
- Understanding Continuous Care
- Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) — The Basics
- I have an ADR, now what?
- Certifications Done Right!
- PIP 101 — Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs) — What Are They Really?
- Coordinating Care in the Nursing Facility — The Basics
- Advanced Beneficiary Notice — When Does It Apply
- Complaints — How to Recognize and Resolve?
- Pain Assessment —The Basics
- Documentation Principles
- Now that the Regulations Have Changed — How Can I Be Ready for a Survey?
- A Hospice Patient Falls — So What?
- Organizing a Patient Focused IDG Meetings
- PIP 102 — Performance Improvement Projects (PIPs) — How They Can Drive Organizational Improvement
- Understanding Live Discharges and Their Impact
- Initiation, Titration and Equianalgesic Conversion
- Changing Routes of Pain Medication Administration
- Improving Wound Care at End of Life While Managing Cost
Contact R&C Healthcare Solutions for more information on how to implement this program in your association.